Junior Sales Engineer required for Conveyor Systems Limited
15 May 2017
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Midlands company involved in providing industries throughout the UK with integrated materials handling solutions. These industries range from warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics through to pharmaceutical, food and drink manufacturers handling anything from small cartons and bags up to two tonne pallets.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated sales professional with a minimum of 2 years sales experience and mechanical engineering qualifications or alternatively will have worked in a sales/support role in a related field.
The ideal candidate, who will report to the Sales Director, will be capable of sourcing new business across the whole of the UK whilst also providing support alongside our sales team to service our existing diverse range of customers. Duties to include but not limited to:-
- Provide CSL with a wider sales presence in our market place, responding to website and telephone enquiries.
- Working with the proposals team to formulate, design and cost conveyor layouts
- Visits to both existing and potential customer sites around the UK
- Ability to assess site conditions pertinent to project requirements, and provide basic site survey to allow a proposal drawing to be prepared for the basis of a quotation.
- Preparation of detailed costings/quotations for each project
- Initiating a CRM program to maintain good on-going communications with customers and potential customers
- Working with marketing team to produce broad and targeted sales/marketing material.
- Provide exhibition sales presence and lead follow up
- New business development and maintaining of existing customers
- Liaise with project team post order
The following skills would be necessary for consideration for this position:-
- Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT (2D mechanical layout design) would be ideal.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint).
- Full, clean, driving licence is essential.
- Good level of English/mathematics together with written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confidence in negotiating situations with clients
- Outgoing and calm personality
- Logical thought process with an attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small dedicated team
- Able to present themselves professionally
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
The successful candidate, after gaining experience across several disciplines, will have the potential to develop within the company.
Starting salary package commensurate with experience but circa £25-35k + benefits including mobile phone, pension, non contributory health scheme* and company car**
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company that can offer you career advancement
Note that we are only looking for candidates who are already resident within close commuting distance from our office
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*after 12 months. ** Once fully established in the role, a company car will be provided. Candidates, who, in the opinion of the Company, apply with proven experience; will be provided with a vehicle upon start date.