Looking for a new career?
21 October 2018
Field Sales Engineer for Conveyor Systems Limited
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Midlands based company involved in providing solutions into industries throughout the UK with integrated materials handling equipment. These industries range from warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics through to pharmaceutical, food and drink manufacturers handling anything from small cartons and bags up to two tonne pallets.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated sales professional with a minimum of 4 years sales experience in the conveyors and automation industry. The candidate should have the skills to visualise solutions during an initial visit and contribute towards a system design.
The ideal candidate, who will report to the Sales Director, will be capable of sourcing new business across the whole of the UK whilst also providing support alongside our sales team to service our existing diverse range of customers. Duties to include but not limited to:-
- Provide CSL with a wider sales presence in our market place, responding to website and telephone enquiries.
- Working with the proposals team to formulate, design and cost conveyor layouts
- Visits to both existing and potential customer sites around the UK
- Ability to assess site conditions pertinent to project requirements and provide basic site survey to allow a proposal drawing to be prepared for the basis of a quotation.
- Preparation of detailed costings/quotations for each project
- Initiating a CRM program to maintain good on-going communications with customers and potential customers
- Working with marketing team to produce broad and targeted sales/marketing material.
- Provide exhibition sales presence and lead follow up
- New business development and maintaining of existing customers
- Liaise with project team post order
The following skills would be necessary for consideration for this position:-
- 4 years proven sales experience in the conveyor industry (exc heavy/bulk handling/vaccum conveyors)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT (2D mechanical layout design) would be ideal.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint).
- Full, clean, driving licence is essential.
- Good level of English/mathematics together with written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confidence in negotiating situations with clients
- Outgoing and calm personality
- Logical thought process with an attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small dedicated team
- Able to present themselves professionally
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
The successful candidate, after gaining experience across several disciplines, will have the potential to develop within the company.
Starting salary package commensurate with experience. Benefits including mobile phone, pension, non contributory health scheme* and company car
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company that can offer you career advancement
Note that we are only looking for candidates who are already resident within close commuting distance from our office
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*after 12 months.